Today's Trial Mod Application
Lightbulb 
Steam Name & Commonly known as/Aliases: Today

Screenshot of your amount of time played on Sabertooth’s TTT: Updating gametracker link -> https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/...ery=today5

Questions about you:
Have you previously held a staff position on a TTT Server? I have held a few staff positions temporarily on small servers but really did not learn much from the experiences.

Are you familiar with ULX and/or RDM Manager? I am decently familiar with ULX and RDM Manager.

How long/What time do you usually play TTT? Mon-Fri (Weekdays) after school. Weekends I'll be on for most of the day.

What is your timezone? UTC +10

Have you previously been punished more than a slay on the server in past 6 weeks? If so why? No.

Roughly what date did you first join Sabertooth gaming TTT? 17th of January 2019.

Have you read and understood all of our rules? Yes.

What's the most important thing that a staff member should keep in mind when dishing out any form of punishment? Be fair to all players.

By memory can you list all current members of staff for the TTT server? Yes I can, they would be Thungo, Unnamed(Gl1ch3t) Princess Peasants, Oscini, Xylo, Uberz, lachy101, Live, K A T and Pizza.

Situational acts:
This section is to demonstrate that you have the ability to handle various situations in the correct and most appropriate manner.

Situation one:
Players Bob and Carl join the server at about the same time. In one of the rounds Alice gets killed by Bob. After Alice’s death she files a report claiming that she wasn’t KOSed, and that there was no one around to witness her traitorous deeds. The round after the same incident happens to the player Dave. He gets killed by Bob and files a report stating that he got RDMed, and no KOS was made against him.
You realise that in both rounds Dave and Alice killed Carl and that soon after were both killed by Bob, using the friends command you then notice that Bob and Carl are friends.

In this situation what would you suspect is happening?
I would suspect that Bob and Carl are metagaming, (using 3rd party software to communicate information).
What actions would you put in place to confirm your suspicions?
I would initially go into spectator mode to attempt to find evidence of this metagaming, if no evidence is found I will wait until my T rounds and try to test the metagamers, for example I would kill Bob (or Carl) in a way where no information is released about my traitorous acts, if Carl (or Bob) then kills me, my suspicions would be confirmed.
How would you deal with the situation after confirming your suspicions?
I would issue a 4 week ban to the players metagaming.

Situation two:
You’re on the server and it’s at its peak. There is about 14+ players currently on the server. During a round of TTT everything starts to get chaotic, multiple reports starts coming in suggesting someone is mass RDMing, whilst another player is mic spamming yelling disrespectful comments to other players on the server. As this is happening, a group of three joins the server having inappropriate racial slurs within their name.

Within this situation, how would you deal with each of theses players?
Although the player mass RDMing has the largest effect on gameplay, I believe it would be more efficient to quickly gag the player mic spamming assuming I have proof of them mic spamming e.g If I can hear them. I would then look at the reports of the player mass RDMing, I would look at the death scenes and damagelogs to deduce whether the player is mass RDMing. I would then issue a ban equal to the severity of their mass RDMing. I would lastly warn the players using racial slurs to change their names, if they do not do so within a few minutes I would  kick the players informing them to change their name in the kick reason.

Situation three:
As a round of TTT ends, a report comes in from player Alice. She states that she got RDMed and that she wasn’t doing anything wrong. Bob, the player that was accused of RDMing, claimed that she was T-baiting. Talking to Alice more, she says that she was just shooting at a wall when she got killed by Bob.

How would you investigate this situation to know who was in the right, and what actions would you take afterwards?
I would firstly watch the death scene, if Alice was standing directly infront of a wall and shooting into it for Bob to come and kill Alice, I would not deem that as T-baiting. However if any of Alices shots landed near Bob, I would deem Alice to be T-baiting and no action would be taken, I would remind her about the rules on T-baiting and that she can be KOSed for T-baiting.
What key circumstances/factors could change the outcome of who was right in this report?

Where Alice's shots landed, potentially where Alice was aiming at when she fired.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post.
Get One Deaged
The following 1 user Likes Today's post:
  • Addz
}
+1, you're a good boah, you'd make a good mod Big Grin
Treat others, and yourself, with kindness.
The following 1 user Likes Addz's post:
  • Today
}
+1 great guy
Heart wah wah wah  Heart
The following 1 user Likes Xylo's post:
  • Today
}
+1 You may be shit at Apex Legends but you're ok at Gmod
The following 1 user Likes Live's post:
  • Today
}