Does anyone have ideas for the MOTD?
So I'm making this post so I can make sure that I cover absolutely everything that can be covered in the extended MOTD we are going to be posting on the forums, this will be extremely in depth explanations of every rule/situation players are often unsure of. I am interested if anyone in the community has any certain rules or situations you feel needs to be better explained or anything you personally are unsure on. So please post below if you don't feel I have already covered it with what i have so far. I will be posting the heading of each rule I have explained so far so if you have one in mind that isn't there please let us know.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DISCUSS A RULE THAT YOU BELIEVE SHOULD BE CHANGED, ANY COMMENTS IN THIS NATURE WILL BE DELETED. IF YOU FEEL STRONGLY AGAINST A RULE, I ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPROACH A SUPER ADMIN OR THUNGO.
  • No Random Death Matching
  • Racism, Homophobic or Sexism
  • Meta-gaming or Ghosting
  • Gagged/Muted.
  • Traitor Baiting
  • Map Exploiting or Glitching.
  • Prop Killing
  • No Unreadable, Duplicate or Game-Breaking Names
  • No Room Claiming
  • False Proven
  • Delay Warnings
  • Following/Door Blocking
  • Prop Surfing
  • Targeting
  • Minge
  • Holding Explosive Items
  • Life Check or KOS
  • If I Die It’s “x”
  • DNA
  • Hacking/Scripts/Macros
  • Charged Axe on Rooftops
  • Mystery Box
  • Map Secret Innocent Wins
  • Claiming Traitor Weapons
  • Cancelling a KOS
  • Identifying Bodies
  • KOSing a location
  • KOS
  • Proven
  • Barrel Warnings
  • Damaging a player.
  • Checking Bodies
  • Ban Evasion
  • Detective Equipment
  • False Reports
  • High Sus
  • Common Sense Situations
  • Spoilers
  • Self Defense
  • Admin chat
  • Being With a KOSed Player
  • Some reasons to call a KOS
  • Avoiding punishments
  • Leave slay

Cancelling a KOS
Some reasons to call a KOS

·        You physically saw a person kill another player.
·         If you walk past unidentified bodies.
·         Caught hanging bodies.
·         Being the last Non proven person.
·         Traitor baiting.
·         Destroying evidence, traitor testers or health stations.
·         Holding a traitor weapon out without claiming it in chat.
·         Being targeted in a person’s last words.
·         False proving yourself.
·         Detective DNA
·      Killing an afk before overtime
·      Throwing an incendiary or discombob (discombob is only KOS if thrown in an area that could kill or hurt other players eg rooftops)

Some reasons to high sus

· Player obviously not killing a KOSed player
· Player refusing to use a traitor tester
· Player has received 3 valid follow warnings at least 5 seconds apart each
· You believe a player used a T trap
[Image: NZNqgdw.png]
The following 1 user Likes ✿ Princess Peasants ✿'s post:
  • Zeegs
Reply }
Specifics: Detective DNA that came from the corpse of an innocent or detective whose death did not result from a valid KOS and which leads to said player can justify a KOS.

We can define a valid KOS as one that is made based on the rules you have outlined here. So if a player didn't breach those rules as an innocent and they were killed by a traitor, and Detective DNA lead to the traitor, it would be a justified KOS.

Just a silly error: "You have physically seen a person kill someone."

The linguistic nature of physical is a philosophical nightmare. The rule can be simply refined to "You have seen a person kill someone." The meaning is not changed, as seeing assumes physical interaction with the environment and is simply a tautology. 

If what I'm saying doesn't make sense please let me know.
Reply }
(June 19th, 2019 at 10:09 PM)wulfric Wrote: Specifics: Detective DNA that came from the corpse of an innocent or detective whose death did not result from a valid KOS and which leads to said player can justify a KOS.

We can define a valid KOS as one that is made based on the rules you have outlined here. So if a player didn't breach those rules as an innocent and they were killed by a traitor, and Detective DNA lead to the traitor, it would be a justified KOS.

Just a silly error: "You have physically seen a person kill someone."

The linguistic nature of physical is a philosophical nightmare. The rule can be simply refined to "You have seen a person kill someone." The meaning is not changed, as seeing assumes physical interaction with the environment and is simply a tautology. 

If what I'm saying doesn't make sense please let me know.

I've gotta say it took me a long time to understand this but if i am understanding correctly then these are all already rules, do you just feel they need to be elaborated in the MOTD?
[Image: NZNqgdw.png]
Reply }