Carl Unban Appeal
Steam Name: Carl

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:52621025

User Who Banned You: Ultimate Cheese

Reason Of Ban: Map exploiting

Your Version Of The Events: Put a barrel in a door which broke it and killed someone.

Why You Should Be Unbanned : Never got any warnings or anything. I was expecting a slay or 2 for the kill but they waited until the map changed to ban me? Ill be happy to be unbanned and take a couple slays for the rdm.
}
I will be waiting for the 2 staff members who made this decision to comment before making my decision to accept or deny but I felt I should make it clear to you that you were banned based on repeating this act after being explicitly warned. You placed the barrel in the door killing 1 player and that that point I had said "Whoever put that barrel in the door, do not do it again because it is considered map exploiting to block a door way with a prop like that as it can kill people. If you do it again you'll receive a 1 month ban" you then laughed and to101m said it was you. I then proceeded to ask if to101m was the one who saw you do it to which I saw he was dead and I asked you and you replied with "uhh" to101m then messaged me saying that it was you.

I then received information before the end of the same round that you were dead and possessing a prop, doing the same thing you were told off for not 5 minutes beforehand. I let the 2 staff members who witnessed the act make the decision on if you'd be banned or get another warning. Due to you being warned explicitly less than 5 minutes beforehand of this act being a 1 month ban they both agreed and so did I that you would receive the ban.
[Image: NZNqgdw.png]
}
Ok, so here's my version of the events. As I was walking from the central area to the outside, I saw that you placed a barrel in the door and quickly backed off. Tom and I informed the other moderators of this and then you were given a warning not to do it again and what the punishment would be if you did. I didn't hear you laugh/scoff at this, but apparently you did. Later that round, a bookshelf got possessed and was moved into some sliding doors, causing the physics to break and turning it into a deadly weapon. I was able to jump over it, but Ben brushed up against it and got instantly killed. I died shortly after and while spectating, saw that it was you possessing the prop. I didn't look it up myself, but another staff member saw that the damage logs attributed Ben's death to you because you were possessing the shelf at that time.

I think that your appeal should be denied because straight after you were given a warning by staff to not do that exploit, you went and did it again, resulting in the death of a player.

If you have an alternate version of events after the warning I'd love to hear it, but as it stands I'm not convinced you should be let off.
}
(May 10th, 2020 at 09:05 PM)UltimateCheeze Wrote: Ok, so here's my version of the events. As I was walking from the central area to the outside, I saw that you placed a barrel in the door and quickly backed off. Tom and I informed the other moderators of this and then you were given a warning not to do it again and what the punishment would be if you did. I didn't hear you laugh/scoff at this, but apparently you did. Later that round, a bookshelf got possessed and was moved into some sliding doors, causing the physics to break and turning it into a deadly weapon. I was able to jump over it, but Ben brushed up against it and got instantly killed. I died shortly after and while spectating, saw that it was you possessing the prop. I didn't look it up myself, but another staff member saw that the damage logs attributed Ben's death to you because you were possessing the shelf at that time.

I think that your appeal should be denied because straight after you were given a warning by staff to not do that exploit, you went and did it again, resulting in the death of a player.

If you have an alternate version of events after the warning I'd love to hear it, but as it stands I'm not convinced you should be let off.

Ahh I see. I admit to breaking the door and getting the player killed. That was 100% my fault. After it happened I was told off my Princess, so I didn't try to do anything like that again.

As for the bookshelf incident. There were 2 bookshelves in the room and another player was possessing one of the bookshelves. I was in spectator and saw the other player possessing it, so I possessed the other one. I remember Princess telling the other player off for possessing it because he was using it to block the door, I didn't know he has got someone killed. 

Sorry if this is confusing and I know it sounds suss with just my word to back me up. I'm just telling it how it is.
}
The Full Moderator that also helped come to the decision can't login to his forums account right now so he's sent me his response to send for him.

ElectronUE: Like Princess has stated you were not banned based only on the situation you had described above. I saw that you were possessing a bookshelf in a set of the automatically opening/closing doors, which happened to block the entryway. This act also got a player killed, which made it the second person you got killed that round, which is why i felt comfortable saying you should receive the map exploiting ban that you were previously warned about, as your actions negatively impacted the round twice. I feel as if you had blatant disregard for what you were being told and therefore I do not feel you should be unbanned for this situation.
}
(May 10th, 2020 at 09:23 PM)✿ Princess Peasants ✿ Wrote: The Full Moderator that also helped come to the decision can't login to his forums account right now so he's sent me his response to send for him.

ElectronUE: Like Princess has stated you were not banned based only on the situation you had described above. I saw that you were possessing a bookshelf in a set of the automatically opening/closing doors, which happened to block the entryway. This act also got a player killed, which made it the second person you got killed that round, which is why i felt comfortable saying you should receive the map exploiting ban that you were previously warned about, as your actions negatively impacted the round twice. I feel as if you had blatant disregard for what you were being told and therefore I do not feel you should be unbanned for this situation.

The bookshelf incident wasn't my fault. By the off chance that it was, it defiantly wasn't my intention. Sure I like to joke around and have fun, but getting banned wasn't the goal of me being on the server. Like I said before, when Princess told me off for the door incident, I stopped messing around with the props trying to break things.

But hey, you're the admin team, so you hold all the cards. Just trying to share my side. 

Cheers
}
Ok. What you are saying sounds reasonable. I never saw you actually go into the door because I was still alive at that point. After Ben died, the bookshelf was launched back into the building, and that's where I saw you while I was in spectator. From my perspective I couldn't tell if there was another player involved.

A few other people might respond to your appeal and a decision will be made on it soon. You hadn't been mingey while you were on and your responses have been polite, so hopefully I will see you back on the server sooner rather than later.
}
Accepted

Thank you for taking the time to make this appeal, I left this thread overnight so that everyone could comment what they needed to say before I accepted or denied this appeal. After reading everything said and talking with everyone involved in the situation, I decided that based on how you presented yourself in this thread you were being genuine or at least you believe you did not do the second act on purpose and I feel that you will show more caution with acts like this again in the future. 

Usually you would not qualify for an unban or time decrease for this situation although I am going to accept this appeal based on what I mentioned above. Keep in mind the ban will stay on your record meaning if you are to be banned again in the future, 1 week will be added to what you would originally would have received, example; if you receive 4 slays in 1 map you would usually be banned for 1 week for Mass RDM or Mass BRDM but for every ban on record a player has 1 week will be added making yours 2 weeks not 1. Also this will count towards your 3 total chances before a permanent ban on this server. We hope to see you back soon and that we don't run into a situation like this again.
}