UberZ's Staff Application
Note: My internet has died big time, this means that I may not be online until boxing day. 

Steam Name: UberZ

Time Played on Sabertooth TTT:  / 1 Day 13 Hours 8 Minutes / https://i.imgur.com/3D80x0n.png

Why do you think you should be Moderator; what would you do as a Moderator?

The main reason why I think I should be moderator is because I feel like I would contribute a lot to the staff team and provide a good standard of moderation aswell as being an active member of the team. I also think I should be a moderator because I feel like it would greatly decrease the amount of minges slipping through the cracks. In my view, the role of moderator serves a simple yet vital role in the world of a Garry's Mod server. As a moderator the main tasks I would be required to complete include; Dealing with reports, Applying punishments to those who break rules, and watching those who may be metagaming, responding to ban appeals is also a huge part of being a Moderator.

What does the Moderator rank mean to you?

The moderator rank is a staff rank which is given to those who apply successfully. The rank entails a few things such as moderating the server generally, handing out punishments to rule breakers and most importantly representing the server in a way which will reflect positively and encourage new members to join the server.

Situation one:
Players Bob and Carl join the server at about the same time. In one of the rounds Alice gets killed by Bob. After Alice’s death she files a report claiming that she wasn’t KOSed, and that there was no one around to witness her traitorous deeds. The round after the same incident happens to the player Dave. He gets killed by Bob and files a report stating that he got RDMed, and no KOS was made against him.

You realise that in both rounds Dave and Alice killed Carl and that soon after were both killed by Bob, using the friends command you then notice that Bob and Carl are friends.

In this situation what would you suspect is happening?
What actions would you put in place to confirm your suspicions?
How would you deal with the situation after confirming your suspicions?
Initally, after being confronted with the situation at hand I would suspect that the players in question are Metagaming, I would then proceed to ensure that all staff which happen to be on the server at the time are informed of my suspicions and my intent to authenticate whether or not my suspicions are valid. To continue, I would begin Meta testing, this involves watching the players during active rounds and observing their behaviours. If I accumulated sufficient evidance to prove that the pair in question were infact metagaming I would then add them to the banlist and then issue them with a 4 week ban.

Situation two:
You’re on the server and it’s at its peak. There is about 14+ players currently on the server. During a round of TTT everything starts to get chaotic, multiple reports starts coming in suggesting someone is mass RDMing, whilst another player is mic spamming yelling disrespectful comments to other players on the server. As this is happening, a group of three joins the server having inappropriate racial slurs within their name.

Within this situation, how would you deal with each of theses players?

To begin with, I would deal with the players causing the most distruption to the server first, the micspammer, I would issue them with a gag and proceed to warn them through admin respond that further inappropriate use of their microphone would result in further punishment and then proceed onto the next issue. The next issue I would tackle is the group of players with racist usernames, I would advise them all to change their names before the start of the next round and in the meantime deal with the reports on the player in question issuing them with a ban for Mass RDM if needed and if they reports are truthful, correct and unforgiven. I would then ensure that the players with racist names have changed their names and if not I would kick them urging them to change their names before rejoining.

Situation three:
As a round of TTT ends, a report comes in from player Alice. She states that she got RDMed and that she wasn’t doing anything wrong. Bob, the player that was accused of RDMing, claimed that she was T-baiting. Talking to Alice more, she says that she was just shooting at a wall when she got killed by Bob.

How would you investigate this situation to know who was in the right, and what actions would you take afterwards?
What key circumstances/factors could change the outcome of who was right in this report?
In this situation the use of the death scene and shotlogs are key to ensuring that the correct descision is made. To begin with I would investigate the logs to validate the claims made by each party and then I would make a descision upon whether to punish one party or the other, or even neither parties.
There may be some factors which can adversly effect the way in which the report is dealt with, these factors include the following;
·        The proximity of the firing to other players.
·        The validity of the claims.
·        Whether or not the victim was warned prior to being killed.
·        If the victim was firing in a way which may have appeared malicious.
·        Prior instances of similar situations involving the players in question.

Taking into consideration the above factors, multiple different outcomes can be sourced, such as;
·        A slay for RDM.
·        A verbal warning advising against T-Baiting.
·        No action (closing of the report).

DECLARATION:
I, UberZ, declare that I will strive to be a positive role model for the TTT Server community. I declare that I will uphold the server rules, and enforce them to the best of my ability.
[Image: ia6QF89.png]
[Image: aqlMEGO.jpg]
}
Neutral
Seems like he's a pretty neat person and all I've seen of him has been good. but I haven't seen him on the server enough to give a proper judgement.
The following 1 user Likes [senpai] fantômeskål's post:
  • UberZee
}
+3 points
The following 1 user Likes Jezza's post:
  • UberZee
}
+1

Knows the rules and is very friendly
He is also trusted to be a Temp Admin sooooo.
The following 1 user Likes Oscini's post:
  • UberZee
}
+1 Have seen you as an active, effective admin on another server, would love to see how you use a staff role to help Sabertooth continue to be the fun positive community it is today.
[Image: kOWN1Im.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes JayGC's post:
  • UberZee
}
+1 10/10
[Image: NZNqgdw.png]
The following 1 user Likes ✿ Princess Peasants ✿'s post:
  • UberZee
}
(December 22nd, 2018 at 10:44 PM)? JayTee ? Wrote: -1

Your activity on the server has been lacking and inactive. I haven't seen you on the server the last 4 nights ive been playing (or not long enough for me to really notice) and ur numbers for the last 4 days are pretty low (apart from 2 days ago which u played for 3-4 hours but it looks like it must of been in the morning, since I'm normally on afternoon (2pm-ish) and night (6+pm) I guess I didn't see you.

Also your attitude is not what I'd like to see from a moderator, as Oscini and Princess are very mature at handling rdm's and reports, at least speaking from my experience you haven't been very formal/mature/considerate when on the server and elsewhere.

If I see an improvement I'll definitely change to a +1, I don't hold any grudges and my opinion is subject to change, but these are just my thoughts at the present time.

Thanks Smile

I want to quickly thank you for your input, I do appreciate any feedback whether it be negative of positive. However I want to clear up a few thing and whatnot.

1. It's Christmas time at the moment which means I can't really be playing all day every day, I also have engagements which make it very difficult to play in the afternoon when you might be playing. I can appreciate that you have been playing pretty regularly since you joined but I have played every day this week for at least 20 minutes which I wouldn't personally call lacking, I mean sure, it may not be 3+ hours a day, but  at the current time of the year, it really isn't possible for me to be online any more often. However I can understand from your point of view and I will try to get online more often in the future when the Christmas season is over.

2. As for the attitude, i'm not sure what you really mean by this as I've held staff positions on a wide range of servers and I've never been told that I've had a problem with my attitude but i'm open to criticism. And i'm not sure how you can be more mature when handling reports as it's basically clicking buttons and typing a reason. In saying this, there maybe something I have missed but i'm happy to take constructive Criticism and work on it, so feel free to elaborate Smile. And at the end of the day it's a Garry's Mod server, it can be a bit informal at times.

Again, I appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration, and I want to be clear that I am not trying to devalue your opinion or debunk it but rather just address it and give you my side.
[Image: ia6QF89.png]
[Image: aqlMEGO.jpg]
The following 3 users Like UberZee's post:
  • Oscini, [senpai] fantômeskål, Thungo
}
i dont want to +1 you yet, as ive not seen you on the server too much, but still, as what ive seen, the little time it was, you seemed like a chill and cool person, so just a bit more on the server, then we'll see
}
Meh neutral dont know much about him but that he is trusted by thungo and that means he is up to the job but like everyone said he is rarely on 

P.S 
he hates me yet i want to love him
Just love me uber  Heart
}
ACCEPTED

Congratulations, welcome to the team!
[Image: thungo-owner.jpg]

}